Thursday, November 18, 2010

PMX with a Touch of Disney and a Pinch of Forever21

This past two weeks have been quite interesting. School is starting to kick me in the rear, where all I do is eat, do homework and go to school. If i do get online, It's probably for 10-15 minutes... which is pretty sad. Luckily, I have some time now to update!

First I attended PMX for the first time. I had such a blast. I ran into familiar faces and even some new faces as well. It was exciting and fun to socialize. I think I felt giddy the entire time there, considering my outfit was rather outlandish lol.
I had felt like a walking vase the entire time there, but I'm glad many people like my outfit. I think my look touched more on my Mexican side, because I think I look a lot less asian with the make up, which was pretty cool.

During the Con, I attended the Starlight Festival, which wasn't exactly how I pictured it, but interesting never-the-less, although I wasn't wrong when I thought I would fail at all the carnival games. I'm known to be very unlucky, whereas my brother is quite the opposite... well, one of us had to have all the luck lol.
In terms of goodies, I did get some goodies at the con. I really want to build an outfit around it... maybe for the next meetup I can have a full outfit to match!

I was a bit disappointed that the socks are not OTK but I think I'll live, because the design on the socks are just too beautiful, likewise for the bonnet.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This past Tuesday, Forever 21 had a special opening in conjunction with Disney on their new collaborated line featuring Minnie Mouse called Minnie Muse. It was a very cute line and, there are so many things I wanted to buy, unfortunately, I had to save up for other reasons, and couldn't buy as much as I wanted. However we did get discounts on what we bought! That was cool!!!

I wore a more casual outfit, that reflected the style of the event. Sadly I don't have a red polka dotted skirt... I've been meaning to make a red skirt of some sort but unfortunately that time to make one has yet to happen. However, I did have a black skirt and some red accessories, so I coorded with what I had.

There were also many featured celebrities.

Miss Jay who is featured on "America's Next Top Model", and the two main actresses for the new Disney Channel Show "Shake it Up"

Debbie Ryan from "Suite Life on Deck"

John Quinn, a disney artist was also there. We had some small talk with him and gave us a few tips on Watercolor, not to mention was kind enough to sign our prints. I really wanted to win one of his actual drawings but my bad luck again hit in when it came to the raffle... and mind you there were several raffles throughout the night and we stayed for ALL of them!
It was so much fun and did i mention they had lots of yummy treats for FREE!!! That was so great!!! Of course, I had to buy something eventually to get my free print, so I bought 2 pairs of tights, one which are a pair of net tights with mickey mouse print all over them. They are my new faves. I love them so much I'm gonna wear them again tomorrow!

Here are better details of the net tights. They are on sale at F21 so if you like them, go buy them!


Well, that is all for now. Hopefully I can update soon with more lolita goodness, because there is a lot to come... hopefully lol.

~~~Lemontree11

6 comments:

  1. What a cool party... I'm jealous *n*
    You look adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think the make-up is particularly outlandish! It reminds me of carnivale masks. How did you get the sequins to adhere to your skin? Did you use eyelash glue? Spirit gum? It's a really neat look in combination with the lashes and head piece!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love both your outfits!!!Super cute :3
    Oh wow!!! That's really k0o0ol!!! Disney & F21 collaborated!! Bet there were tons of cute stuff!! Nice to find some celebrities :D esp John Quinn :3
    Glad you had fun!
    Good Luck <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're always lookin' so cute, Oli!! Both your PMX and Minnie Muse outfits are lovely ^__^ And those tights!! *__* ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look absolutely beautiful, I'm a fan!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to meet Miss Jay...You're so lucky. -3-

    ReplyDelete

Your Comment <3